Wednesday, July 27, 2011

OOTD: Yeah for Yellow! (& Anthology Bag review)

I'm really digging yellow lately.  Plus, I must say I'm really digging my outfit from today.  I've been in a slump for the past week, so it felt really good to be this "put together" today.  And what better color to cheer myself up than sunny yellow?!?  See, fashion truly does have a positive impact on your mental health!

Skirt: Boden Santorini Skirt (on sale here)
Blouse: Anthropologie Eastpointe Garden Top (same exact blouse, different name/prints here)
Cardi: LOFT Outlet
Shoes: Naturalizer Linen Espadrille Wedges
Earrings: Betsey Johnson Yellow Flower Drops (here!)
Watch: Garnett Hill TOKYObay Oversized Boyfriend Watch (different colors here)
Bag: Anthropologie Anthology Bag (sold out online, still in stores)


I love the subtle flower embellishment.  Love this skirt, but hate that it wrinkles so easily after sitting down and standing up a lot at work.  Oh well, that's just what linen does I guess.

These yellow earrings are my first even Betsey Johnson purchase.  I've always though her things were a little too wild for me, but these earrings are the perfect touch of fun and whimsy! (plus they're YELLOW!)


When we were in Chicago, I picked up the lovely yellow Anthology bag.  Out of the two Anthros I visited, this was my one and only purchase.  Yes, it was a splurge..... but, I've been drooling over this bag since it first hit the website.  I told myself I was going to wait impatiently for sale, but that plan didn't quite work out.  You see, it sold out online several days before we left for Chicago.  I took this as a sign and immediately called to have one held for me in Chicago.  Just couldn't let this beauty slip away.....
In my defense, I have been looking forever for the perfect yellow leather bag.  This is it alright!!

The leather is so smooth and buttery.  As crazy as I sound for admitting this, it relaxes me just to caress this bag!  Not to mention, it's the perfect shade of yellow - not too bright but not too dull/dark.  The tortoiseshell buckles are the perfect chic accent.  Size and strap length are also perfect!  This rests nicely on your shoulder, and is big enough to carry the essentials + a book or magazine.  There is a very roomy storage pocket on both sizes of the exterior....so handy for things you need quick access to.

Love it!!!  I usually prefer handbags with a zipper, as I feel my belongings are more secure this way.  However, this has a heavy duty magnetic closure.  It's so strong, you can even have a magazine sticking out the top a little and the magnetic disk on each side will still cling towards each other keeping the magazine locked in place!  Crazy!
My only complaint is that although a cute pattern, the interior lining is a very thin cotton.  I'm afraid it may rip easily so I'm trying to avoid putting anything "pokey", such as pens, inside. 


Is anyone else digging yellow lately???  I plan to post my most current wishlist soon and you'll see it's stocked full of yellow items!  It's like a magnet sucking me in, I can't control myself from being attracted to yellow lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment