Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Roadtrip Recap

Can't believe how fast the past 2 weeks have flown by!  It's been super busy, so sorry for the lack of posts.
A week and a half ago my husband and I departed for our annual summer roadtrip.  We are both completely obsessed with the band 311, so every summer we travel to at least 3 different cities to attend their concerts.  This year we went to Detroit, then to Chicago for a couple days, and ended our roadtrip in Cincinnati.  Every show was absolutely amazing, as usual.  Don't know exactly how to describe it, except that there is so much positive energy while they're playing....there's no place we'd rather be than a 311 show!  Plus, my husband and I had an enjoyable stay in Chicago and got to visit my best friend in Cincy!  Another added bonus: I was able to check out 2 of the Anthropologies in downtown Chicago! (much to my husband's dismay.... ;)  Our "311 Roadtrip" is always the highlight of our summer and we enter a brief state of depression when it's all over!  That's my excuse for my blogging absence for the past week since we've been back.  Here are a few pics from our trip.

My outfit for walking around Chicago all day:
Dress: LOFT Outlet
Cardigan: J. Crew Outlet
Cami: The Limited
Flip Flops: Bass Outlet
Belt: Anthropologie Skinny Weave Belt
Necklace: Anthropologie Muranga Necklace

I just LOVE this necklace I picked up on sale last month.  It goes with practically everything and is so fun for summer.  In fact, I wore it 4 of the 5 days we were away!

 While in Chicago, we stayed at Hotel Allegro located in the Loop.  It was a nice hotel in a great location.  The price was great (for downtown Chicago) and even included parking, which was a huge bonus.  As soon as I saw it was only 4 blocks from the Anthropologie on State St. I was sold! :)

My husband on the cool couches in the lobby.  Don't you just love the bold turquoise and yellow combo?!  And check out the whimsical animals on the wallpaper!

 The very modern/funky lobby area:

Then it was off to Cincinnati for the best concert of them all!  Why was it the best?  Well, we had pit tickets and got there early enough to be front and *almost* dead center.  Plus, they played the best set list out of the three nights.  We were in pure 311 heaven :)

A nice concert security guard took our pic right before 311 started.  I'm aware this isn't the most flattering pic of me after dancing around in the 90+ degree heat for the opening band Sublime with Rome (who were awesome too!)  However, I love it because you can see just how happy and excited we both are :)  See I told you I wore my Muranga necklace the entire trip!

And of course, a few pics of 311 frontman, Nick Hexum, from our front row view!  (I even touched his hand not once, but twice..... *insert love struck groupie scream here*  :)

Thanks for reading about our summer roadtrip!  Any other 311 fans out there???  They just released a new CD this week, so I highly recommend checking it out!

I'll be back this week catching up on OOTDs, plus a few Anthro reviews.

1 comment:

  1. That's so much fun that you and your husband hit the road for 311 shows each summer! I like 311 although I've never been to any of their concerts before. I'll have to check out their new CD!

    ReplyDelete