Friday, November 19, 2010

All Mixed Up {Pessinus Garden Necklace re-mixed + OOTD}

Anyone else fans of the band 311?  My husband and I are obsessed with them.  Blog title popped into my head because it's the name of one of their most popular songs.  Plus it's a way to describe my new Anthropologie necklace purchase!


I picked this lovely piece up when I was in the store on Monday.  One reason I went to the store was to return the Either-Ore Necklace that I had fallen in love with online.  Didn't love it so much in person only because it actually has bright red beads added in (there's NO red in the online product shot).  Anyways, when I saw this necklace I forgot all about my disappointment with the Either-Ore.  I knew this one was meant to be mine.  It's a more delicate version of the Pessinus Garden Necklace (see my previous blog post about it - it's one of my FAV necklaces ever).  This is not on the website, so that made it even more exciting....like discovering a secret treasure.  It comes in both gold and silver, but the gold was an easy decision for me since I have the Pessinus Garden Necklace in silver.  If you look closely, this necklace has almost all the pieces of the PG necklace but they are just strung on a delicate chain.  SO happy I found this!!!


                              Pessinus Garden Necklace            VS.                 "Delicate Garden" Necklace


That brings us to my OOTD.  I've been out sick the past few days, so I dressed up a little more today than I normally would on a Friday.  Wearing pjs for the past 2 days straight had put me in a funk!  What better way to make myself feel better than to wear 3 new items in one day!?  People at work commented on how I looked cute, but must have thought I still had a fever since I don't usually wear dresses to work (especially on a Friday and especially after being sick this week!)  Oh well, it definitely helped improve my mood :)







Cardigan: Anthropologie Dwarf Quince Cardigan
Dress: Calvin Klein Jeans denim smocked dress (from Macy's)
Belt: LOFT
Tights: Banana Republic
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks - Purse (now on sale at Zappos.com!)
Necklace: Anthropologie "Delicate Garden" Necklace

Yep, I wore my new necklace, the Dwarf Quince Cardigan that I scored on sale from Anthro on Monday, AND my new Indigo by Clarks shoes.  In my review post about these shoes, I mentioned that I was pretty sure I was going to return them.  Obviously I changed my mind and I'm so glad I did!  I really love these shoes and they go with so much!
Have a good weekend and thanks for reading!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment