Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First Anthro Dressing Room Review Ever!

Since I had Monday off, I took a road trip to the closest Anthropologie.  I spent over 2 hours looking around and trying things on (is that normal??).  All of a sudden I realized that the time on my parking meter had probably long run out, so I left and put more money in and then came back!!  Wow.  Anyway, here are a few dressing room reviews.  Please excuse my subpar photos.  Guess I need more practice taking good pictures in the mirror (or a new camera!).

Awaiting Wings Dress - $158
I never really noticed this dress online before, but it caught my eye in the store.  I really like the colorful pattern and ruffling v-neck of the top blouse part.  I like the fact that the skirt part is navy - I think it would go so well with so many cardigans. 
I normally wear a dress size 12 or 14.  This is a size 14 and it was definitely too big!  It wasn't fitted enough on top and it hung down way too far under my armpits.  It buldged out too much around the hips.  Unfortunately, the store was out of both size 10 and 12, so I couldn't see if those would work better.  I do love the pencil skirt shape of the bottom of the dress and the pockets of course!  The length hit me just below the knee....I imagine that in the right size it may be a little shorter.  Wish I could have tried this on in a smaller size, but I'm still wishlisting this to consider come sale time!  I personally don't think this one is worth full price.


























Hellebore Sweater Skirt - $118
There have already been many reviews of this skirt in the blogging world.  So, I will just second what everyone has said.  It does run large, so size down on this one.  The color is not quite as mustard yellow in real life as it appears online.  It's more of a neutral yellow with a brownish tint.  The length is also shorter than it appears online.  It hit me just above the knee. 
I originally ordered this online in a large (see first 2 pics).  It was just too wide and bunched out too much on the sides (totally NOT flattering). 


I didn't want to give up on this skirt, so I tried on the medium in the store and it fit MUCH better.  However, I didn't love it enough for the price so I returned it.  I'll reconsider the size medium if it goes on sale.  Especially because I think it looks cute with the next two cardis I tried on......




Beaded Eglantine Cardigan - $128
I'm a sucker for cardigans and this one is no exception.  Tried on the "dark grey" (which is definitely more taupe/tan in person) in a size large.  It was pretty tight in the arms and across my chest and it is also semi-cropped, so I would size up in this one for a more comfortable fit.  LOVE the neutral color and the gorgeous chiffon flowers with beads.  If this were slightly less expensive, I'd scoop it up now.  But I don't LOVE it enough to bear the $128 price tag.  I'll be a good girl and wait impatiently for sale time.

In For A Frill Cardigan - $128
Why, oh why, do I have to fall for the "over $100" cardis?!?  This is such a pretty cardigan with feminine details.  I love the lacey v-neck trim and color.  So sophisticated chic!  The crocheted v-pattern is also in the back (see my awkward shot trying to capture the back detail, lol!)  The gorgeous cream color would go with everything!  This sweater runs TTS, even a little small.  The large fit me comfortably.  The medium also works, but is just a little more fitted.  The fabric is SOOO soft and comfortable!  Not at all itchy.  My only complaint is that it's slightly see through (you can see my brown cami underneath)...nothing a nude colored cami underneath couldn't fix or a cute shirt underneath that you want to show!  Wishlisted for sale so I'll just have to try and be patient.  *Sigh* I heart pretty cardigans.




Steamed Cappuccino Cardi - $98
I've been admiring this online for a long time now, so I was thrilled to see they had it at my store.  I grabbed the moss in a size large.  It is a lightweight cotton material.  It fit TTS.........however, I was severely disappointed in how it looked on me in real life.  Yuck!  It flairs out at the bottom and made my hips look extremely wide.  I usually adore ruffles, but they were just too much paired with the thin stripes and didn't do anything for me.  I didn't get a picture of the back, but the ruffles gather together with elastic pleats and looked terrible on me!  This was immediately taken off my wishlist, but perhaps it would flatter someone else.  I'm thinking it may look cute on a more petite gal?


























Talavera Cardigan - $60 (on sale & no longer available online)
A cardi I'd never paid attention to online, but in real life it's wonderful!  Very colorful and flattering.  It runs large, so I'd recommend sizing down.  The medium fit me perfectly.  When I was there on Monday, this was not on sale so I passed on it.  If I had know it would go on sale the very next day I probably would have bought it!


























Oh well, at least I scored this on sale :)
Dwarf Quince Cardigan - $49.95 (no longer available online)
This lovely cardigan went on sale a couple weeks ago.  I waited too long to order and all of a sudden it was sold out!  I couldn't stop thinking about it and luckily my store still had some in the sale section.  I'd never tried it on before and I was thrilled to see how lovely it was in real life!  Needless to say, I took this home with me :)
I feel so pretty in this.  The floral print is so pretty & vintage and the tiny traces of gold in it make it so chic.  I'd highly recommend checking your local store's sale section for this beauty!  Can't wait to wear it!






I hope you enjoyed my first dressing room review!  I'm open to any suggestion about how to make my future reviews better (including camera skill tips and techniques, lol!)  I'll be back tomorrow with some blouses and tees.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your first reviews! Did you have far to go to get to the store? I've never been to one, we are 45 mins from London on the train but I just never get a chance and it's nearly £30 for a return ticket! So I shop online and put the train fare towards pretty things instead :)

    Good to see a review of the cappuccino cardi, I was quite taken with it online until I saw the product shot of the back. I much prefer the hiking ruffles cardi out of the two. The dwarf quince cardi is very cute, glad you found one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The store is about 1.5 hours from my house...I'd actually never been there before. I've only been to the Cleveland store when I visit my parents. I agree, I don't care for the back of the steamed cap cardi!

    ReplyDelete