Sunday, November 14, 2010

Review: Indigo by Clarks Purse


I spotted these babies on Zappos about a month ago and just couldn't get them out of my head!  I was drawn to the unique vintage flair and European-esque styling.  Plus, I adore the wooden heel and it's just the right height (2")!  They come in a variety of colors (purple, navy, black, grey), but I had my eye on the chestnut color.  Finally caved and ordered them when I saw there was only one left in my size.









Overall, these are really great in person.  The chestnut is a nice golden brown color (for reference, the knee socks I'm wearing are a dark chocolate brown).  They appear to be very well made - the leather is sturdy and smooth and the stitching detail is fabulous.  I love the way they buckle and I adore the stacked wooden heel.  Although I only wore them around our spare bedroom for a little bit, they seem to be pretty comfortable.  They seemed a little tight around the toe box, but I think the leather will stretch a little after breaking them in.  These would go well with skirts, casual dresses, and jeans/slacks. I really like the unique styling of these shoes....sort of like a combo between a bootie, pump, and t-strap.  They seem very vintage, like something Mary Tyler Moore would have worn!  Although I've just raved about everything I like, I'm 95% sure they'll be going back.  There is something about them that makes me hesitant to keep them for the price.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it has to do with the shape of the toe box and the way the toe turns up a bit.  Oh well, still a very cute shoe and I highly recommend them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment