Monday, February 14, 2011

Human Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!  Today was a wonderful day for several reasons....  1) I didn't have to work today.  2)  I made a trip to not only one, but two Anthropologie stores!  (reviews to come this week)  and 3) My loving husband gave me some gorgeous flowers, took me out to dinner, and surprised me with an iTunes gift card since I just got an iPhone last week!  Any suggestions of cool apps I should download?  I hope your day was just as great.  Did you do anything special for Valentine's Day?

I have a confession - I actually wore this Valentine's Day-inspired outfit to work last Thursday.  I wanted to show my Valentine's Day spirit at school and since I don't work on Mondays and last Friday was a professional development day (i.e. dress in comfy casual clothes to sit and listen to speakers all day), it was last Thursday or never!
I think I look like a "human valentine" not only because of the obvious red and pink V-Day colors, but also because of all the details and patterns that look like they would be part of a homemade valentine.  Flowers...check.  Filigree...check.  Swirls...check.  Brocade pattern...check.  And it's all topped off with a heart necklace.  <3 <3 <3
Cardigan: JC Penney
Blouse: New York & Co.
Cami: The Limited
Skirt: Macy's (similar here)
Belt: Banana Republic Outlet (similar here and here)
Tights: Simply Vera Brocade Tights in grey (Kohl's - buy here
Shoes: Naya Cara Maryjanes (on sale here!)

Bracelet: Tiffany & Co. (I've had this a LONG time - no longer in stores, but sold on ebay here)
Ring: via SilverJewelryClub.com (really old)
Filagree Earrings: ??? - really old (similar here)
Necklace: Lagos Heart of Philadelphia Necklace (view details here or buy it here)



No comments:

Post a Comment