Friday, February 4, 2011

Pretty Cute Casual Friday + Some Mini-Reviews

It actually felt good to get up this morning and get dressed for work after having two days off!  Fridays are casual in my school district and everyone wears jeans.  Although most teachers/staff just wear sweatshirts or t-shirts with their jeans, I always try to dress up my outfit and look as cute as possible.  I decided it was the perfect day to break out my new boyfriend cardigan that I got at Banana Republic outlet last weekend. 

Kim at Anthroholic recently did a post on how to dress casual, but still look cute and feminine.  (Check it out HERE!)  Her post really inspired me not only because this is what I strive for with my style, but most importantly, because I learned some great new tips!!  Many of her tips were racing around in my mind as I put together todays outfit.  In fact, looking back at her post I realize that she was even wearing a long, light pink cardigan.  Must have been engrained in my subconscious to inspire this outfit!! 

Cardigan: Banana Republic Outlet (probably still in stores)
Tee: Banana Republic (Spring 2010)
Cami: The Limited
Jeans: Gap
Necklace: LOFT Long Silver/Mother of Pearl Flower Necklace (still in stores)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks - Purse

 The soft mauve/light pink color is so feminine and I really like the silver contrasting along the edge.  The longer length is great (I don't really own any cardis this long besides the Anthropologie Dwarf Quince) and I love the two front patch pockets and v-neck.  I loved this cardigan so much that I couldn't decide between the two colorways they offered.......so I ended up buying the tan one with gold contrasting too!!! 

 I knew I wanted to wear a long necklace with my outfit today and I was rummaging through my jewelry box for a while trying to find the perfect match.  Then it clicked!  My new LOFT necklace that just arrived in the mail on Tuesday would be perfect! 




I mentioned last weekend that I bought this necklace off the website with a coupon I had.  The next day I noticed it was no longer on the website (sold out I guess?)  When it arrived I was disappointed because I hadn't expected it to be so big.  I packaged it back up and decided I was going to return it.  Then as I was trying on my new cardi something told me to dig it back out and give it a second chance.  Sure enough, I think it was the perfect match and after a self-pep talk I was brave enough to venture to work with the biggest statement necklace I've ever worn.  Got several compliments, so I guess it was a success.  Plus, the pretty feminine quirkiness grew on me as the day went on.  Now I can't wait to try to figure out another outfit to pair it with!!!  Any suggestions?????  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment