Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Evil Ruche Switcharoo

I ordered this pretty skirt last Friday:

It was actually this photo from Ruche's look book that sold me on it:


I've been creating various styling ideas with items from my closet ever since I clicked the "submit order" button.  I've also been stalking the tracking number like a mad woman since then.  As soon as I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was grab my iPhone to check the tracking status...AGAIN.  To my delight, the USPS site said "out for delivery."  Horray!  It was going to be delivered today!

When the box finally arrived this afternoon, I ran inside and opened the box.  I couldn't wait to try the skirt on and in the back of my mind, I was already planning to wear it out to dinner this Friday. 
So imagine my anger when I realized they SENT ME THE WRONG SKIRT!  No, not just the wrong size....a completely different skirt!  And furthermore, not even something that is remotely my style...so there wasn't even the "pick-me-up" of being able to try on a different cute skirt instead.  Oh no!  I'm really disappointed considering I've been planning various outfit ideas for this Friday night....all of which include this skirt!!!

Well, I went to the Ruche website and I could not find a phone number anywhere.  The "contact us" link only gave a spot for me to submit a message.  So I did.....  I'm still waiting to hear back, but I really hope they offer to send the correct skirt via express mail so I can get it by Friday!

This same exact thing has happened to me twice with Boden too!   It happened the first time and this past time I ordered from them.  Which is a lot considering I've only placed a total of 3-4 orders from Boden ever!  Unfortunately, the first time it happened with Boden the item I had actually ordered was sold out in my size....ug!  I was angry.  This past time, they were very nice and offered to correct the error, but I had changed my mind and didn't want the cardigan afterall.  I'm hoping Ruche will demonstrate good customer service about the issue!

Has anyone else ever received something completely different than what you actually ordered???

No comments:

Post a Comment