Monday, January 17, 2011

Seasonal Remix: Winter White Camilla Dress

As I hinted at on yesterday's post, today I'd like to try out another new blog feature entitled "Seasonal Remix."  I have several spring/summer items that I'd like to try to winterize.  Plus, come spring/summer time I would like to challenge myself to wear some of my fall/winter items.  And so, this new blog feature is born as a way for me to practice my remixing skills and get your feedback!

First up is the Camilla dress in cream.  I purchased this dress last summer to wear to one of my bridal showers and I have not worn it since!  It's such a shame that this pretty little frock has only been worn once!  Carol's "Winter White" post inspired me to pull out my Camilla dress from the back of my closet and try to style it for winter.  Here are the options I came up with.
    
1)  Feminine Chic
I immediately thought to pair this with the Oleander cardi because of the similar white lace accents.  The classic black mary janes with flower details compliment the flower details on the buttons of the cute cardi.  Something made me reach for my 3 strand pearl necklace to finish off the classic chic look.
Anthropologie Camilla Dress in cream
Anthropologie Oleander Cardigan
The Limited - grey cami
Banana Republic Glitter Ribbed Tights in pewter (buy here)
Naya - Cara Mary Janes (here, here, and here)
Pearl Necklace - bridesmaid gift from friend





                                   2)  Blooming Boots Casual
The Blooming Lattice cardi seems to go with everything, so it was an obvious choice.  I wanted a little pop of color so I went with the reddish-purple tights and decided to finish off the look with my boots to make it more casual.  In hindsight, I think maybe adding a belt would have made this look a little more pulled together.
Anthropologie Blooming Lattice Cardi (bought via ebay)
Simply Vera Geometric Tights in port royale (Kohl's) (here)
Steven by Steve Madden Intyce Boots in cognac (here)



3)  Pretty in Neutrals
This color pairing (beige, white, brown, and grey) is not something I'd normally come up with, but I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out.  The Beaded Eglantine Cardigan is my newest sale purchase and I haven't worn it yet!  From there, the brown belt, grey tights, and cognac colored shoes just came to me.  I'm really happy with how pretty this neutral combination turned out!
Anthropologie Beaded Eglantine Cardigan
Anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt
Grey Cami - The Limited
Simply Vera Brocade Tights in coal (Kohl's) (here)
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks - Purse in chestnut (on sale here)
Necklace - J. Crew Outlet






I also think it looks pretty cute with the boots!



So, what do you think?  Which "winter white" outfit do you like best?


2 comments:

  1. oooh. i was just thinking about how to re-mix this dress in the winter. ivory and eyelet can be tricky. i think you did an fantastic job! i think i like the last one best - i can't wait to try it out myself! thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I was literally looking at my closet this morning and staring at some of my summer dresses, wondering what was stopping me from wearing them - I may need to pull them out in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete