Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vintage Orange & Gold {OOTD}

Hi Readers!

Another busy week here.  Lots of things to catch up on at work and around the house.  Guess I shouldn't have been a lazy bum this past weekend :/  Oh well, catching up on my shows and catching up on Season Six of Grey's Anatomy on instant Netflix are also important things on the "to-do" list..haha!

On Sunday, my husband and I went to his grandpa's house for lunch.  He invited the whole family over so we could sort through grandma's jewelry.  Everyone got to chose what they wanted and the one thing that jumped out at me was this ring:


I love the vintage style and the beautiful coral-colored stone.  The setting is 14k gold, but we're not sure what the stone is.  My mother-in-law immediately said, "This one looks like you, Meghan."  I was wearing an orange cardigan with gold accessories that day and the ring matched perfectly, so it was meant to be and I gladly snatched it up.  It's nice to have a unique piece of jewelry that will remind me of grandma for many years to come.

Today I re-created my outfit from Sunday so I could show off my new ring at work:






Cardigan:  New York & Company
Blouse:  Macy's
Necklace:  J. Crew Outlet
Earrings:  Banana Republic Outlet
Skirt:  Anthropologie Field Skirt in gold
Belt:  Anthropologie Looping Lanes belt
Tights:  Simply Vera Ribbed Tights in brown (Kohl's)
Boots:  Steven by Steve Madden Intyce in cognac (here)
Ring:  via Grandma Del's treasure chest

Do any of you have any unique vintage pieces that belonged to a loved one?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely outfit and what an amazing vintage ring! My grandma recently gave me a couple pieces of jewelry when she was cleaning out, but I'm always afraid to wear it for fear of losing it!!!

    ReplyDelete